- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1–2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15–20 turns fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large Haas avocado sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
- Crusty sandwich bread
- Additional salt & pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the tomatoes then lay them out and lightly season one side of them with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and butter it.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic. Whisk them good – you want them to turn out light and fluffy.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt a pat of butter so it coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the scrambled eggs. If this is your first time making scrambled eggs: pour egg mixture into pan and as the mixture starts to solidify, take a heat-resistant rubber spatula and stir the eggs so the cooked portions get moved to the top and the liquid can get exposed to the heat. Continue this process without overworking the eggs. You don’t need to stir constantly.
- When eggs are almost thoroughly cooked, remove from heat. Eggs will continue to cook as they sit in the pan.
- Put together your sandwich by adding eggs, tomatoes, and plenty of avocado (if you love avocado like I do). Sprinkle with green onions and add your top piece of toast.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com