Hi, I’m The Kitchen Snob (but you can call me Dee) and I have been appointed this title (against my will) by my very loving friends and family. They’re just too sweet, those folks. I’m told it had something to do with my being picky. Gasp. Who, me?
- I love pretty dishes.
- I love kitchens with quartz countertops with huge 6-burner gas ranges.
- I covet quality cookware and kitchen gadgets.
- I love cookbooks with stories.
- I love cooking from recipes and experimenting on my own.
- I insist on using the best ingredients my little wallet can afford.
- If I find that you scratched my nonstick Calphalon pans, you will lose a limb.
- You can often find me gazing longingly at pictures of food.
- Have I mentioned eating? I LOVE eating.
I wanted to create a website where I could share my love of the kitchen and all that the kitchen has to offer. I love to share recipes, product reviews, cookbook reviews, and cooking tips. And don’t get me started on discussing and fantasizing about kitchen remodeling because you will get me all riled up and soon want me to shut up.
I really hope this website will offer you something new and I hope you will feel comfortable joining in with your comments, questions and your own advice and tips.
I’m not gourmet chef and I don’t claim to have all the answers or know-how when it comes to cooking or kitchen products. I just like to put my 2-cents in when it comes to a topic I love. So if you have advice for me, I’m open to learning new things, too!
And one more thing before we share our obsession of all things kitchen – I feel it is important to tell you my favorite food is chocolate cake. See, it’s even printed in bold so it must be important. If we are going to be friends in the kitchen, you should know this about me: I have eaten chocolate cake for dinner. How often? More than I will ever admit on the internet.
If you want to read my theory on how I became a Kitchen Snob (aside from possibly being born with it) click here.