- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 10 oz bag of large marshmallows (you could use more if you really want them thick and coated)
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (standard size 2.1 oz), chopped
- 6 cups Corn Flakes*
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips**
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside (you could use 9×13 but they will be thinner).
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir occasionally until all marshmallows are completely melted.
- Take pan off heat and stir in Corn Flakes making sure they’re evenly coated. Add chopped Butterfingers to pan and stir until evenly distributed. Put Corn Flake mixture immediately into baking dish and press down with a buttered spatula. Mixture will be very sticky. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in double broiler*** . Once chips are melted, drizzle over treats. Let cool. Cut and serve. Can be stored up to 2 days in air tight container. You can also freeze them.
*You can use Rice Krispies cereal if you prefer, but I thought the Corn Flakes gave a nice salty/sweet flavor to the bars.
**You could experiment and use semi-sweet chips if you prefer. There are no rules!
***If you don’t have a double broiler, you can simmer about 2 inches of water in a pan, put chocolate chips in a glass bowl and put the bowl over the pan and let the steam melt the chips.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com