- 1 large red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon vinegar (any white vinegar will do)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sea salt (to taste but I used probably 1/4 teaspoon)
- Mix all ingredients together in small bowl. Let marinate for several hours or overnight. Stir once half way through marinating time to make sure all onions get soaked in the juice.
If you don’t want too strong of an onion flavor, you can rinse the sliced onion in water prior to mixing with the other ingredients. This is said to give the onions and slightly sweeter flavor.
Get more great recipes at: www.thekitchensnob.com