- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 – 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh basil (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup torn up leaves – must be fresh!)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white/brown rice (I used Nishiki brand)
- Large pliable lettuce leaves, washed (Boston Bibb, Green Leaf, Iceberg, Butter)
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, olive oil, sugar, and water. Stir and set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, brown together the chicken, jalapeno, red pepper, garlic, and ginger over medium heat. After 1 or 2 minutes, add your soy sauce mixture to the meat mixture and stir.
- When chicken is cooked through, take pan off heat. Add rice to chicken and stir until combined. (The original recipe calls for 2 cups cooked rice, but you can add more if you have more than that in your pot). Stir in basil.
- Roll up into lettuce leaves and top with additional basil, if desired.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com