- 3 cups julienne-cut carrots (I used pre-cut bagged carrots but you can cut them yourself)
- 2 cups julienne-cut zucchini (you can leave skin on, if you prefer)
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion (julienne-cut)
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper (seeded)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place carrots in a microwave-safe dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from microwave immediately and remove plastic wrap. Set aside and let cool.
- Place zucchini in a microwave-safe dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from microwave immediately and remove plastic wrap. Set aside and let cool.
- In large bowl, combine carrot, zucchini, onion, and bell pepper. Toss together.
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing (vinegar through the end of the list) and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss together to coat.
- Cover salad with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Toss once half-way through marinating time, if possible.
- Toss once again right before serving and serve cold.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com