- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts (the marinated kind that comes in cans or jars)
- ½ cup chopped roasted peppers (from the jar, unless you’re really snobby you can roast them yourself)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme (optional)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In medium bowl, mix together artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, feta, lemon zest and thyme. Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Sit down, have a sip of wine, and rest after such an intense workout.
- Dredge flattened chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of stuffing mixture (or more if it will fit) onto each piece of chicken and fold in half. Note: sometimes chicken shapes don’t fold perfectly in half and look a little messy. This is normal and does not mean those odd looking pieces won’t taste just as good.
- Place folded breast halves in baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle melted butter over chicken.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes, uncovered, until chicken is done and very light golden brown.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com