- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup minced green onions, plus more for topping
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 Fuyu Persimmons, peeled and chopped
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 6 tablespooons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- Over medium-high heat, preheat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken to pan and brown for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and cornstarch and stir while crumbling meat to combine. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add persimmons, water chestnuts, ginger, soy sauce, orange juice, and oyster sauce to skillet. Cook together for approximately 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let sit for 1-2 minutes. Spoon chicken mixture into the middle of each piece of lettuce. Sprinkle with additional green onions, if desired. Roll up and eat like a taco, or roll like a burrito and enjoy.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com