- 8 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced – although regular tomatoes will work fine
- 3–4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 turns fresh ground pepper or to taste
- ½ cup (packed) chopped basil
- 1 French baguette or similar
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil in small bowl. Stir gently to make sure all the flavors are blended. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When bruschetta mixture has marinated long enough, preheat oven on broiler setting. Cut French baguette on the diagonal in 3/4 inch slices. Lay bread in single layer on sheet pan and broil on top rack for approximately 1-3 minutes until golden brown. Watch your bread carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- Let bread cool and top with spoonfuls of bruschetta mixture. If your bruschetta is really juicy try letting it sit and soak on the bread for a few minutes before eating. It tastes even better!
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com