- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 ½ cups of Nishiki premium sushi rice or similar brand. Note: You can also use Basmati rice. If using Basmati rice use water/rice ratio listed on package)
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, cut in half
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- Add oil, butter, and garlic to medium saucepan over low heat. Let butter melt and garlic sweat for several minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and bring garlic to simmer. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add rice to saucepan and stir until rice is evenly coated with oil.
- Add water, salt, and juice of 1/2 of the lime to saucepan and bring to a boil. Tip: stick a small fork into the lime and squeeze the lime around the fork, rotating your hand so you get as much juice out as possible.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for additional 5 minutes.
- Pour rice into medium-sized bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- After rice has cooled, add green onions, cilantro, and cheese and stir.
- Squeeze the other 1/2 of lime over rice and stir.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com