- 1 1/2 cups chopped and peeled Granny Smith apple (keep size of apple chunks on the small side)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 15 minutes or until thick. Stir occasionally.
- Cool sauce completely and feel super cool for upgrading from the canned stuff.
This sauce can be made 1-2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com