- 1 box Duncan Hines® Signature Strawberry Supreme cake mix
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Classic Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups lukewarm water, divided
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 12 ounce tubs of Duncan Hines® Classic Home-Style Chocolate Frosting
- 2 12 ounce tubs of Pillsbury™ Whipped Supreme Strawberry Frosting
- Pink cupcake liners
- Frosting tips and bags (optional)
- White pearl nonpareils (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and fill cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix Chocolate Fudge mix according to package directions and set aside. Rinse chocolate off the beaters. (You’ll want to do the next step right away because a mixed cake mix shouldn’t sit too long before you use it.)
- In another large bowl, mix Strawberry Supreme cake mix according to package directions.
- Start to spoon in layers of the strawberry or chocolate into the cupcake liners. I found that the chocolate works best as a top layer but you can do it any way you want. Some cupcakes I did all strawberry and/or all chocolate. Others I dolloped a rotating flavor on top of each other. You can also swirl flavors together (after the batter is in the liner) with a butter knife, but it’s not necessary. Don’t fill batter completely to the top because the cupcakes will rise and you don’t want them to overflow.
- Bake cupcakes for 15-18 min. Always check if a toothpick comes out clean after 15 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before trying to pull them out. Cool completely before frosting.
TIP: I used 2 cupcakes pans and alternated them while baking, so one was cooling while one was baking.
This recipe makes 48 cupcakes, so you will be making several batches.