- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives (or more if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted tomatoes with garlic (from a jar)
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta + more for sprinking
- Rinse dry quinoa with water with a fine mesh strainer.
- In medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add quinoa and stir occasionally for a minute or two. This will toast the quinoa and let it soak up the oil and garlic.
- Add stock/water and salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. [Note: If there is still water in the bottom of the pan, you can put the quinoa back on the heat (covered) for a few minutes.]
- Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool for a few minutes. Add onions, olives, tomatoes, and cheese. Toss together. Add spinach and mix together. Serve with additional feta crumbles.
For more great recipes go to www.thekitchensnob.com