- 2 jalapenos, including seeds & ribs, cut into large chunks (for a milder version you can take out some seeds or use 1 jalapeno)
- 1 tablespoon Aji Amarillo paste (I used Goya brand)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons Cotija cheese (can substitute Parmesan cheese)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (white wine vinegar is fine)
- 2–3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 turns freshly ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree together.
- Taste to see if it needs more salt or more lime.
- Keeps in fridge up to 1 week.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com