- Sliced deli-style roasted turkey breast (check for sugar on the label)
- Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, toasted
- Romaine lettuce
Salsa Criolla (you could use 1/2 onion but I like to have extra for other things throughout the week)
- 1 large red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon vinegar (any white or red vinegar will do)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sea salt (to taste but I used about 1/4 teaspoon)
Avocado Spread (I use about 1/2 avocado per sandwich. Multiply recipe if needed)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make Salsa Criolla and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours (turning once 1/2 way through) or marinate overnight.
- When ready to make sandwich, slice avocado in half, take out seed, and scoop out of shell with a spoon into a small bowl. Add sea salt, red pepper flakes and lemon juice and mix and mash together with a fork. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwich with toasted bread, turkey, lettuce, marinated onions, and a generous amount of avocado spread.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com