A big shout out to Joy the Baker for posting this inspiring recipe!
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups white rice (follow package directions)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Homemade Salsa (recipe here) or jar of your favorite store-bought salsa
- 2-3 ripe plantains, then fried (recipe here)
- 8 eggs, scrambled, or make these amazing scrambled eggs
- Avocados (optional)
- 1 can of pickled jalapenos (optional)
Make a base of cooked rice on your plate and top with all the fixin’s! I start with beans, then egg, plantains, salsa and top with avocado. Enjoy, mae!
You could even wrap these ingredients up in a tortilla if you’re feeling like you need more carbs in your life. I feel you.