I spent more time trying to adequately name this sauce than actually making it.
Making sauce = 5 minutes
Naming sauce = an embarrassing amount of time that discloses my indecisiveness
This Honey Lime Cilantro Sauce could be called Fix Your Food Sauce because it’s bound to help anything you pour it over (chicken, steak, pork, fish). It could also be called Honey Lime Vinaigrette because it’s got a smidge of vinegar and this cilantro sauce and a salad could have a torrid love affair.
But it’s just plain good (and other annoying food blogger adjectives like delicious, yummy, mmmmm, nom nom nom, aMAZing, to die for – you’re tired of these.)
But ohhh poured over some thick juicy pork chops and soaked into the rice mmm nom nom nom…ooops sorry.
The cilantro sauce is tangy, sweet, and slightly spicy.
I tried it two ways: Whisked together in a bowl (see how it looks below in the gravy boat) and then mixed together in a food processor (above). Both were equally as good. If you only whisk it, the ingredients do settle a bit at the bottom but nothing that a quick stir can’t fix.
This Honey Lime Cilantro Sauce will be making an encore in my kitchen soon. It only takes 5 minutes and it doesn’t need to marinate or cook on the stove. Yay to more face planting!Print
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 large, fresh cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice (approximately 3-4 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together with a whisk or process all ingredients together in a food processor.
More great recipes at www.thekitchensnob.com